As leading integrated stainless steel manufacturer in India, Nexus Impex has become the trusted name for all types of stainless steel grades. Kindly contact us today and get in touch with one of our knowledgeable sales personnel for your stainless steel needs.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT STAINLESS STEEL GRADE?
With over more than 200 stainless steel grades and the extensive variety of products to look over, it’s smooth to get stressed. Right here at Nexus Impex, we can endorse you which grade to select to satisfactory match your project.
Stainless steel is known fundamentally for its corrosion resistance, is utilized in a wide assortment of applications. The diverse range of grades enables it to suit different applications across many different industries. However, having so many grades requires the know-how to select the appropriate one for the job.
Following are a couple of the essential elements while considering which stainless steel grade you want:
- Corrosion resistance
- Mechanical strength
- Heat resistance
- Magnetic response
- Life cycle Cost
Available Grades of Stainless Steel:
- Stainless Steel Grade 303: Easier machining version of 304 via the addition of sulfur and phosphorus. Also referred to as “A1” in accordance with International Organization for Standardization ISO 3506
- Stainless Steel Grade 304: The most common grade; the classic 18/8 stainless steel. Also referred to as “A2” in accordance with International organization for standardization.
- Stainless steel grade 304L: Grade 304L is a low carbon 304, which is most widely used Austenitic stainless steel. It has excellent resistance to intergranular corrosion in the as-welded condition.
- Stainless Steel Grade 304LN:304LN is a low-carbon, higher nickel and nitrogen alloyed alternative to Core 304/4301 with improved strength and low-temperature toughness.
- Stainless Steel Grade 309:309 is a highly alloyed austenitic stainless steel used for its excellent oxidation resistance, high-temperature strength and creep resistance.
- Stainless Steel Grade 316: Grade 316 is an improved version of 304, with the addition of molybdenum and slightly higher nickel content.
- Stainless Steel Grade 316L: Grade 316 is the standard molybdenum-bearing grade, second in importance to 304 amongst the austenitic stainless steels.
- Stainless Steel Grade 316Ti: 316 Ti is similar to 316L but has better high temperature strength and mechanical strength. Better corrosion resistance at higher temperatures than 316 stainless.
- Stainless Steel Grade 310S:310S stainless steel is the low carbon highly alloyed austenitic stainless steel and is suggested for high temperature application.
- Stainless Steel Grade 904L: Grade 904L stainless steel is an austenitic stainless steel with low carbon content. Stainless steel is added with copper to improve its resistance to strong reducing acids.
- Stainless Steel Grade 317L: Alloy 317L is a molybdenum containing, low carbon austenitic stainless steel with increased additions of chromium, nickel, and molybdenum for better corrosion resistance.
- Stainless Steel Grade 321: Grades 321 is the basic austenitic 18/8 steel stabilized by Titanium or Niobium additions.
- Stainless Steel Grade 321H: Grade 321H is a modification of 321 with a higher carbon content, to provide improved high temperature strength.
Stainless Steel Grade 347: Type 347 (UNS S34700) is a niobium stabilized chromium-nickel austenitic stainless steel with corrosion resistance similar to 304/304L.
- Stainless Steel Grade 347H: Type 347 is a non-heat treatable, austenitic, electric furnace processed grade of stainless steel very similar in composition to Type 321.